Getting to Galapagos Islands
AirportThere are two airports in the Galapagos: in Baltra (GPS) and at Puerto Baquerizo Moreno (SCY) on San Cristobal. From Baltra, ferry and bus combinations will take you to Puerto Ayora. The airport at Puerto Baquerizo Moreno is within walking distance from town. If you’re taking a cruise, your boat will arrange to pick you up at one of the airports. International flights to Ecuador land at either Quito’s Mariscal Sucre (UIO) or Guayaquil’s José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport (GYE).
AirlinesAmerican, Continental, Copa, Delta, LAN, and TACA fly to Guayaquil, Ecuador. From Guayaquil to the Galapagos you must fly with Ecuadorian airlines Aerogal or TAME.
Flight TimesFlights to Guayaquil, Ecuador, often through Quito, are approximately 8 hours from New York City, 4 hours from Miami, 5.5 hours from Houston, 3 hours from Panama City, and 2 hours from Lima, Peru. It’s a 1.5-hour flight from Guayaquil to the Galapagos.
Hand-Picked Galapagos Islands Deals
- Galapagos Islands Travel Deals
- Galapagos Islands Flight Deals
- Galapagos Islands Hotel Deals
- Galapagos Islands Vacation Deals
- Galapagos Islands Cruise Deals
- Galapagos Islands Car Rental Deals
- Galapagos Islands All-Inclusive Deals
- Galapagos Islands Beach Deals
- Galapagos Islands Family Deals
- Galapagos Islands Adventure Deals
Our Experts save you money with travel deals and advice
Take advantage of low airfare to major cities in places like Europe and Asia, where you can connect to a budget airline to reach your final destination for less.
Lisa Hubner Travel Deal Expert
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals