It’s all about timing. To avoid crowds and inflated prices, we recommend the period between high and low seasons when the weather is fine, places are still open and happy to welcome travelers, and you can explore a destination at your own pace. ShermansTravel experts call this magical time and space continuum the Sweet Spot.
When to go to Italian Riviera
Peak Season: June to AugustThe high season is marked by big crowds and even bigger prices. The reward? Beautiful weather with temperatures in the 80s, and shops, clubs, hotels, and restaurants that stay open late.
Off Season: November to early-MarchWinter on the Italian Riviera is a period of hibernation and the coast can often feel desolate. Rain and mudslides are a common occurrence and temperatures hover around 40 degrees.
Sweet Spot: late-March to May; September to OctoberThese months provide good weather (60-degree weather is common) and minimal crowds. The wildflowers are in bloom, sunshine is still optimal, room rates are at their lowest, and the sights are open and crowd-free.
Hand-Picked Italian Riviera Deals
- Italian Riviera Travel Deals
- Italian Riviera Flight Deals
- Italian Riviera Hotel Deals
- Italian Riviera Vacation Deals
- Italian Riviera Cruise Deals
- Italian Riviera Car Rental Deals
- Italian Riviera Beach Deals
- Italian Riviera Family Deals
- Italian Riviera Adventure Deals
- Italian Riviera All Inclusive Deals
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals