This deal has expired, but be sure to check out our Top 25 deals of the week for savings on trips to destinations around the globe.
With summer heating up much of South America right now, it’s a good time to spring for a ticket to that continent. Luckily, both LAN and TAM just announced a major sale on roundtrip Premium Business Class fares. They're dropping fares by up to 44 percent, as low as $699 roundtrip. (That's for flights between Miami and Bogotá, Colombia; fly instead to Punta Cana, the airlines' lone Caribbean destination, and it's just $176.)
The catch is that you'll have to act fast -- the sale ends a week from today, on February 10. Tickets must be purchased seven days before departure, and you must stay a minimum of seven days. The travel period for these promotional fares vary according to destination, with the longest running until November 30 of this year.
While trip dates for the promotion commence on February 8, 2015, end dates for your trip vary according to the destination, with the longest running until November 30, 2015.
Both LAN and TAM fly to countries like Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Uruguay -- departing from the North American cities of Miami, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York City, and Toronto. Once onboard, business class passengers are treated to perks such as a curated wine list by South America’s only Master Sommelier (Hector Vergara), free inflight entertainment, top-notch cuisine inspired by South American cities, and seats that convert into flat beds.
Here's a quick snapshot at the round-trip fares and routes you can book right now:
- From $176: Miami to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; through May 17
- From $699: Miami to Bogotá, Colombia; through June 6
- From $1,599: Miami to Belem and Manaus, Brazil; through June 30
- From $2,499: Los Angeles to Lima, Peru; through July 18
- From $2,499: New York City to Buenos Aires, Córdoba, or Mendoza, Argentina; through August 31
- From $2,999: Toronto or New York City to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; from February 23 through June 20
- From $2,299: Orlando to São Paulo, Brazil; through June 20
- From $3,799: New York to Santiago, Chile; through August 31
- From $2,299: Miami to Montevideo, Uruguay; through August 31