This deal has expired, but be sure to check out our Top 25 deals of the week for savings on trips to destinations around the globe.
If the key to style is being ahead of the curve, now's your chance for a fashion-forward visit to NYC – and you don't need to tell anyone you got that room on the sale rack.
In honor of New York City's Fashion's Night Out 2011 (Thursday September 8, 6pm - 11pm), more than 30 hotels will start offering exclusive packages this weekend through September 30 to celebrate the third-annual event. What started as a simple after-hours shopping and special sales event designed by Ms. Anna herself and other allies of Vogue (as well as NYC & Company, the city's official tourism agency) to be a shot in the arm to a lagging retail industry, has turned into an international orgy of parties and consumerism akin to a haute-couture Halloween.
Tens of thousands of people (20 percent of them tourists) clopped around town to more than 1,000 businesses last year. There were open bars, DJs, fashion shows, celebrity and designer appearances, major parties, and major discounts, with patrons dolled up nice, creating an infectiously festive atmosphere citywide.
This year, more hotels have joined the action, offering unique lodging experiences, complimentary cocktails and dinner, continental breakfast, spa treatments, access to style consultants, shopping discounts, and more. Hotel packages available in celebration of Fashion’s Night Out can be booked between August 15 and September 30. Some highlights include:
* NB: prices for double room on night of event (tax excluded)
- In-room, one-hour blowout with personal hair stylist
- Pre-outing cocktails in Ça Va Brasserie
- Car service to FNO events on September 8
- From $1263
- Complimentary cocktails at The Library
- Sweet treat from New York’s famed Dylan’s Candy Bar
- VIP access to NYC celebrity nightclub Tenjune
- From $639
- Two tickets to a fashion show and after-party by designer Rachael Cassar
- VIP access to 48 Lounge and two complimentary cocktails (worth up to $18 each)
- Bottle of champagne upon arrival in your guest room
- From $458
- Choice of 60-minute Rose Crystal Facial or Swedish Massage (for one person during length of stay)
- 20 percent off any service at Auriga Spa
- Personal assistant pre-/post-departure
- Access to hotel's chauffeur-driven Maserati
- From $749
- Tickets to an exclusive FNO photo exhibit at W Times Square
- Personal portrait by fashion photographer Annemarieke van Drimmelen (limited to first 10 package bookings)
- Champagne upon arrival in guest room
- From $799
Other properties participating in this year's celebration include 6 Columbus, a Thompson Hotel; The Gem Hotel SoHo; Hilton New York Fashion District; The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park; the Trump SoHo New York; and the Westin New York at Times Square. Click here for a detailed list of hotel offers, and visit FashionsNightOut.com on August 15 to view the entire list of retail participants.
Use our Travel Search price comparison tool to find the lowest rates on flights to NYC.