This deal has expired, but be sure to check out our Top 25 deals of the week for savings on trips to destinations around the globe.
Picture it…Sicily. If you’ve ever been inclined to verify the founts of sage advice from Sophia on the Golden Girls, now’s your chance. Select Italy (SelectItaly.com), an award-winning and T+L A-List Super Agent, is offering an industry-first LGBT package targeted for singles, couples or groups to see the rugged Mediterranean jewel from a home base in Catania, Sicily’s baroque second largest city, located on the Ionian Coast.
Geared towards the independent-minded traveler, the four-day Gay Catania: The Sicilian ‘Soul Soother’ includes a healthy balance of urban exploration, cultural explorations and outdoor excursions, blending ancient history (Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs and Normans all called it home) and scenery (Mt. Etna looms dramatically) with a slant towards its re-discovered gay history. Sister city to the north, turn-of-the-20th-century Taormina, was a stop of Europe’s Grand Tour, a resort town etched into pine-shrubbed cliffs and fringed by beaches over an azure sea, it’s siren call of masculine Greek beauty heard by Oscar Wilde and Caravaggio before him. Needless to say, that reputation exists today.
• Escorted shopping and gay nightlife tours
• Bounvini Winery wine tasting at Planeta di Noto
• Jeep excursion (full day) up Mount Etna, Europe’s only active volcano
• Four nights stay at the four-star UNA Hotel Palace, a refurbished palazzo on upscale shopping district, Via Etnea, plus welcome cocktail on the rooftop garden, 3-course dinner and fruit basket.
• Round-trip Alitalia economy flights from Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and New York
• Upgraded rooms and flights available, as are add-on excursions to Siracusa and Modica, legendary for chocolate production, both within easy reach of Greek antiquity ground zero, Valley of the Temples.
As a Sherman’s Travel exclusive, book before March 15 and save 10%. Prices start at $1,701 per person assuming double occupancy with travel valid through March 31, 2011 (likely to be extended). Call 800-877-1755 or click here to book.
For general trip-planning information, check out our Sicily Travel Guide.