This deal has expired, but be sure to check out our Top 25 deals of the week for savings on trips to destinations around the globe.
Good news for ski lovers: For the first time in 25 years, Park City, UT is a viable option for a last-minute long weekend trip over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday (coming up this Monday). That's because this year, for once, the holiday doesn't coincide with the star-studded Sundance Film Festival -- when rooms get sold out months in advance. To celebrate, many Park City hotels have unleashed a batch of deals to entice travelers to hit the slopes (and the 100 restaurants and lounges along Historic Main Street après-ski).
Whether your idea of a swank ski stay is a condo with a full kitchen or a budget-friendly pad, there are plenty of options for January 16-19. Here is a run-down of what’s available on one handy site. For most of these, you don’t need a promo code. Simply visit the hotel’s or condo’s website, plug in the dates, and the deal will be there. If the special rate doesn't show up, mention the MLK-weekend promo to unlock the savings.
Here are just a few available rates we saw today:
- Carriage House Condos: $107.40 per night, a 40 percent savings
- Prospector Accommodations: $107.40 per night, or 40 percent off, when you stay three or more nights (Save ‘N Shred promo)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Park City: $162 per night
- PowderWood Resort: $164 per night when you stay three or more nights nights (Save ‘N Shred)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Park City: $189 per night
Good to know: Once you land at Salt Lake City International Airport -- which fields 320 incoming flights daily, including those for its Delta hub -- it’s a quick 35-minute ride to Park City.