Good news for ski lovers: For the first time in 25 years, Park City, UT is a viable option for a last-minute long weekend trip over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday (coming up this Monday). That's because this year, for once, the holiday doesn't coincide with the star-studded Sundance Film Festival -- when rooms get sold out months in advance. To celebrate, many Park City hotels have unleashed a batch of deals to entice travelers to hit the slopes (and the 100 restaurants and lounges along Historic Main Street après-ski).
Here are just a few available rates we saw today:
- Carriage House Condos: $107.40 per night, a 40 percent savings
- Prospector Accommodations: $107.40 per night, or 40 percent off, when you stay three or more nights (Save ‘N Shred promo)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Park City: $162 per night
- PowderWood Resort: $164 per night when you stay three or more nights nights (Save ‘N Shred)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Park City: $189 per night
Good to know: Once you land at Salt Lake City International Airport -- which fields 320 incoming flights daily, including those for its Delta hub -- it’s a quick 35-minute ride to Park City.