As the thermostat climbs in Miami, spa prices drop. For the third summer in a row Miami cranks up the A/C to welcome spa-goers indoors for discounted treatments from scalp massage to pedicures.
Miami Spa Month (July 131, 2010) is like Spa Week and SpaFinder Deal Days, which invite spas of all stripes to offer treatments for less in this case, $99. Only the caliber of spas in Miami is much higher than the national average, a surprising fact about the city thats known for being skin deep.
Some of the top spas on sale in July:
- New spas: Agua at the Mondrian South Beach and the Palms Spa at the Palms Hotel
- The uber-trendy spa: the Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Trendy but solid spas: Agua at the Delano and the Standard Spa
- Spas of the upper crust: Spa at the Setai, ESPA at Acqualina, the Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables
- The wellness front-runners: Canyon Ranch Miami Beach and the Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne
My top treatment picks: The 70-minute Swedish Massage with Abhyanga Scalp Massage at the Biltmore (many of the treatments offered during Miami Spa Month are just 50 minutes); an hour-long Ren Bio Active Bespoke Facial (the product line is natural and its a customized not scripted treatment) at the Setai; and an acupuncture or nutritional counseling session with the wellness experts at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach.
For more trip-planning information, see our Miami Travel Guide.